This website is no longer being updated
Sawnet - Bookshelf -
Professor of Sociology at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New
Delhi, she writes non-fiction, short stories and novels.
- Newsclips and Articles
- Workers of the Sea. Article by Susan Visvanathan at india-seminar.com.
- Jottings on an Indian summer. A travelogue through Kerala, in the Hindu.
- Phosphorus and Stone
Zubaan Books (2007)
- The story of a young woman and her refusal to be betrayed by death, obsession or love. It engages with the activist concern for the fisherpeople as well as the problematic of middle class loyalties and the antagonisms of sect and gender. The most complex narrative, in this slim volume is the apocryphal reading, from a feminist perspective, of Jesusí resurrection.
- The Visiting Moon
India Ink. (2002)
- Sawnet Review by Michelle Reale
- Interiority... is about survival, hope. Interview in the Hindu.
- Something Barely Remembered
- Sawnet Review by Mona Oommen
- The Christians of Kerala: History, Belief and Ritual Among the Yakoba
South Asian Women authors