Sawnet - Bookshelf -
attended Bryn Mawr College and has worked in investment banking in New York and consulting in India.
She lives in Bangalore, where she is currently at work on her first novel.
- A red carpet welcome. Interview
- India that she knows.
The Hindu, 5 May 05.
- Sankaran's Success Story.
The Hindu, 9 May 05.
- A red carpet welcome, all right!. Interview in the Deccan Herald.
- The Red Carpet
The Dial Press, New York. (2005)
- "A potpourri of beggars and billionaires and determinedly laid-back ways," Bangalore, India's own Silicon Valley, is a crucible for
prosperity, and at the chaotic crossroads between past and present. Here, American-trained professionals like Tara return to their
old-fashioned families with heads full of Quentin Tarantino dialogue; a successful entrepreneur is shaken when his partner suddenly
reneges on their plan to return to America; a traditional Indian mother slyly circumvents her Western-educated daughter’s resistance
to marriage; a neighborhood gossip is determined to discover what goes on behind the closed curtains of the hip young couple
across the street; a chauffeur must reconcile his more orthodox credos with his employer's miniskirt lifestyle.
- Simply South. Review in Outlook India.
- Change is a two-way express. Review in the Indian Express.
South Asian Women authors